The "Look Away" Eyecare Habit Builder
4-week Plan to Safeguard Your Family's Vision
Ever notice when you use a laptop or other screen device for a while, your eyes start to hurt or your head aches? Kids experience the same thing after a day of online school. That's called "Digital Eye Strain." If left untreated, Digital Eye Strain can lead to lingering discomfort and possible serious vision problems.
In this course, you'll learn not only how to control Digital Eye Strain, but lots of other valuable information about maintaining durable vision on and off screen devices.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Practice a simple habit that can help you and your family control Digital Eye Strain.
- Know the common eye conditions associated with screen device use.
- Confidently speak about eyesight concerns with eyecare professionals and your child's school.
- Know the difference between a school eye screening and a comprehensive eye exam.
- Potentially save thousands of dollars on glasses and eye condition treatments.
What you’ll learn:
- Strategies for controlling Digital Eye Strain and to help your child avoid Myopia.
- Health authorities' recommendations for limits on children's daily screen exposure.
- How to hold a mobile screen device in order to maintain more durable vision.
- Vision-protective techniques for using screens in various lighting conditions.
- How to limit your exposure to sleep-disrupting blue light.
- How to obtain a free comprehensive eye exam for a 6-month- to 1-year-old baby.
- Explanatory audio "Listen Lesson" and transcript
- "Look Away" Habit Builder (PDF)
- "How to Hold a Family Meeting" Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Complete Durable Family Pledge (PDF)
- Further Learning Resource List
- Link to Tripod Goal Success System
- Free inspirational e-book, The Durable Human Manifesto: Practical Wisdom for Living and Parenting in the Digital World.
Jenifer Joy Madden is a certified Digital Wellness instructor, Syracuse University digital media adjunct professor, health journalist, and tech hygiene product maker. She founded DurableHuman.com in 2009 and is the author of How to Be a Durable Human: Revive and Thrive in the Digital Age Through the Power of Self-Design and The Durable Human Manifesto: Practical Wisdom for Living and Parenting in the Digital World. She is also the proud mom of three grownup practicing durable humans.